0 Apartment Rentals a Urbino , Italy
Urbino is most probably the best known city in the Marches that is famous around the world.
As the seat of the Montefeltro family, Urbino was during the fifteenth century, the center of one of the highest most complete and refined "Renaissance" civilisation.
Frederick II di Montefeltro, who also commissioned the "Palazzo Ducale", made Urbino rise up to a unique position of splendour, becoming the focal point of all western culture and its Court was frequented by the most famous artists.
The city of Urbino is also the birthplace of one of the greatest Italian painters of all times: Raffaello Sanzio, worldwide known as Raphael.
The centuries have not altered the architectural and environmental unity of Urbino historic center and Montefeltro region is located between Pesaro and Urbino, also covering part of the nearby province of Forlì and San Marino Republic.
We suggest you to visit:
- the Cathedral, which was destroyed and rebuilt in a Neo-classic style by Valadier between the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries
- Ducal Palace, a masterpiece of Renaissance art
- Galleria Rinascimentale, a treasury of fine artworks
- San Domenico Church, dating back to the fourteenth century
- Palazzo dell'Università, which was the home of the Montefeltro family
- Raphael's house.
Sort or filter by:
Recommended Apartment Rentals in Urbino
About Urbino , Italy
Longitude:12° 75' 0'' E (12.633333)
Consigli UrbinoVIP HOTELS - Pesaro & Urbino
The Counts Marcucci Pinoli family are the owner of the Group, they manage them and take care of the Reservation Centre for the 5 Vip Hotels - 2 of which are set in Pesaro and 3 in Urbino.